Friday, June 5, 2009

How do I Write it Down?

I'm trying to write out a note about Milo's schedule and his likes and dislikes to send with him on Monday to his first day of daycare. I have the bare outlines of his schedule down such as when he sleeps and when he eats. I've let them know that he will typically babble in his crib before falling asleep for his mid-morning nap.

What I'm struggling with is how to let them know that he likes me to pretend to munch on his face when he's particularly inconsolable. A couple of kisses and pretend bites and my smiley, happy boy is back, but I don't really want anyone else munching on his face anyway. I'm also not sure how to include that we both like to listen to Jack Johnson and wiggle around on the floor. Or that reading him a book and using funny voices will distract him through tummy time. I've picked up these little tricks in the last three months of spending my days with my little guy and there is no way I can communicate them all to the daycare people.

I realize plenty of children go to daycare and probably every mom goes through this guilt of leaving her baby with someone other than herself. It's just that as Monday inches closer, I question my decision more each day and I already can't stop the tears from coming.

1 comment:

Sara Call said...

I wish I could give you a big hug! It will be much harder on you than it will on Milo... He'll be in great hands! I'll be thinking of you, be sure to email! xoxo