Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Boy?

This week we had the ultrasound to check on the growth and development of the baby. The Olive has come a long way since he earned that nickname back in week 9! We could now see a fully formed and strong spine, all the chambers of a strongly beating heart and a cute little button nose. Chris and I were both on a ultrasound for the rest of the day Thursday and couldn't stop smiling.

The first ultrasound at 8.5 weeks was interesting and it did a good job of confirming that, yep, there is something growing in there. But this ultrasound at 22 weeks was absolutely amazing! At this point, I've bonded with the little guy and am getting used to the feeling of movement inside of me. I know what positions or food are likely to get a reaction and I know to expect a lot of movement around 4 p.m. each afternoon.

We watched the Olive swallowing and moving arms all about. I had had a few sips of coffee at lunch before the appointment and the Olive looked to be enjoying the caffeine high because there was very little sitting still. The doctor had us turn our heads while he was checking out the lower half of the Olive. I might have sneaked a quick peek before both the doctor and Chris reminded me to turn my head again. What I saw was inconclusive, but I still have a strong boy feeling.

For those who like to guess about the gender based on the size or location of the belly, have at it:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, s/he is so cute! I love the profile shot! And Amy, you look amazing! Such a beautiful mama and baby :)

I'm such a sap, I'm sitting here crying!!!