Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halfway Point

Friday marked my 20th week of pregnancy. In some ways it has seemed like a long journey since I stared in disbelief at that home pregnancy test back in July. In other ways it seems like not much has changed, except of course everything is now different. Time has flown, time has dragged by and time hasn't passed at all.

Our little Olive is now the size of a small cantaloupe and I can feel the movement as he flips through my day. She is also making her presence very known as my waist widens and I find myself reaching for the stretchy pants each morning.

In another 20 weeks, we'll (fingers crossed) have met our little Olive. I can't wait to get to know her, to share our world with him and to show the Olive what a loving family he was born into. If the first 20 weeks of this experience went so quickly and so slowly at the same time, I'm looking forward to uncovering the joy of the next 20.

No comments: