Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Different


Baby Leo is different than baby Milo was. Less dramatic in his highs and lows.
At almost three, Milo is still - or maybe more - mercurial. His moods changing from day to day and hour to hour.

My postpartum and nursing body is different than it was before. Heavier and denser. Not the same.

The weather here lately has had drastic swings from warm and sunny days to cold and windy storms.
************************************

Driving home from the library yesterday, I turned left when I typically go straight. This immediately garnered a reaction from the backseat. Where are we going? This isn't the way home! I told Milo I was just going a different way for the fun of it. To change things up a little. He started crying. Different is not fun. Turn around Mommy. I promised him I would get us home. A few moments later upon arriving at our house I gave him a hug while unbuckling his seat. Different things can be scary, but they are okay. What will always be the same is that Mommy and Daddy love you.

************************************

When everything seems different it helps to find the same in life. To find that constant and hold on to enjoy the ride of growth and change.

No comments: