Monday, November 16, 2009

Eight Months

Holy moly we have an actual little person on our hands. One who moves and has opinions on things. One, who I can't wait to fall asleep because, well, he doesn't sleep much, and then when he finally does drift off I miss him.

Even though I ended last month's post promising to get on a schedule, I can't say we are actually there. We're moving that way and most days I pretty much know what to expect, but it's not set in stone yet. Actually I've spent a lot of time this past month sitting in the driveway reading a book and waiting for Milo to wake up. I'm a firm believer in the don't wake a sleeping baby rule and besides when the kid does sleep I figure he needs it.

Milo is also a baby on the move. Not on all fours, mind you, but he has a definite scootch across the room to get items he wants (usually shoes, cell phones or a cat). He gets on all fours and rocks back and forth, but hasn't quite put all the movement together. He is very pleased with his progress; it's fun to watch.
He has all types of babbles which are just adorable. To be honest I'm not sure what they mean and I kind of feel like a bad mother for that. For a week or so I thought he was saying ca ca for kitty. More recently he's getting out H for hi, but this is usually directed at the cat, so again I am not sure what is going on his head. He has da da down, but I haven't noticed this in correlation to Chris. After nursing, Milo usually launches into a long babbling session. I am taking this to mean thank you God for milk, it is so delicious and makes me the happiest baby in the world.

Speaking of happy babies, Milo tends to make friends wherever we go. He smiles and coos at servers, cashiers, random people in line and most of all at cute baby girls. His smile, with still just the two teeth, lightens up a room. People seem to simply love him, but not as much as I do.

No comments: