Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolution Time: Looking Ahead

Earlier this week I took the time to assess where I was in terms of annual resolutions. Now it is time to look ahead and talk about the goals for 2010...not only a new year, but a new decade. So here goes:

Schedule, schedule, schedule. Ugh, I've been talking about implementing a schedule since I stopped working (more than three months ago). I know it would help both Milo and me to have more structure to our days. The thing is though, I don't like being on a schedule. If I feel like working out on a Tuesday afternoon rather than a Thursday morning, I want that freedom. However, babies aren't so much into giving mom too much freedom, so a schedule it is.

Better nutrition for me and my boys. Which for me means less sugar and for all of us, more veggies. I'm a little bit of a sugar addict and once I start I have a tough time stopping. So it is better to just not get started. A healthy fruit and or vegetable will be involved at every meal.

Exercise. I'm bringing back the goal from 2008 to actually run a 5k. I'll pick a race, train and run it. This will be good me time and also good for my cardiovascular fitness (which is the part of fitness I usually ignore in favor of flexibility).

My word for keeping all this in mind will be mindfulness. I'll be mindful of my schedule, of what I am putting in my body and how I am treating myself. I'll also be mindful of being present in the moment with Chris and Milo and enjoying this coming year.

No comments: