Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Mood

I woke up this morning in a bad mood. I stomped down the hall to a crying Milo thinking cranky thoughts and wondering why he was even awake since he had been up three times in the night. I attribute this bad mood to the ever falling snow outside and consequently being cooped up in the house with a busy almost-toddler who does not understand that snow days are meant to be spent drinking wine, playing board games and watching movies from the warmth of the couch. Chris tends to think the bad mood I am inflicting on the family is from the entire package of Oreos I have poured down my gullet in the past three days. I say it is really the same issue here, isn't it?

My bad mood lasted through getting Milo out of his crib, him using my shoulder as a Kleenex, him screaming through a diaper change and us looking out the window to see yet more snow falling. Then over breakfast of Cheerios and kiwi, the mood started to lighten as Milo would giggle between each bite. The giggling turned to laughing hysterically when I would wave to him and say hi Milo and the bad mood all but disappeared.

The snow is still falling and Milo is refusing his much needed - by both of us - morning nap. The bad mood is starting to descend again, but I am trying to remember the song we sang before morning nap.

Rise up this mornin', Smiled with the risin' sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin' sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:") Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right." Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Of course here, the three little birds are frozen and only have Oreos to eat.

1 comment:

Sara C said...

I can never stay in a bad mood around the kids. They find a way to brighten every gloomy day :)