Monday, February 25, 2013

A Year Back, A Year Ahead and a Reminder of Now

A blog I often read for mom advice and other information, too, today asked what is different about your life from this time last year and what do you hope to be different at this time next year.  I hope it's not a copout to say I can't even remember this time last year.  Leo was not quite two months old and Milo was beginning to give up his afternoon nap.  If I had to guess I was a very tired Mama.  And where tiredness starts, cranky often is right there along for the ride. 

This year I am still tired, but not so soul-crushingly so.  Plus it was sunny today so while I had moments of cranky, they didn't stick around along.  The boys and I made a house for bugs out of bark we found outside.  We were able to breathe some fresh air and use our imaginations. 

Next year at this time I hope to do more of that and more remembering of it all.  This life often seems like a blur of days and dinners and getting out the door and sweeping the floor.  I'm trying to stay more present.  To remember to stay in the moment and not get caught up in the details.  

It seems like a buzzword and so very of this time and yet the idea of appreciating the small things of life, of accepting and embracing each moment as it happens is so very timeless.  So I will briefly look back and briefly look forward, but I also want to stay grounded in the here and the now. 

No comments: