Monday, March 26, 2007

Wedding Planning Update

My friend Brian today told me I didn't seem all that stressed about wedding planning...I must be hiding it. I'm doing a good job of hiding it from Brian anyway, but poor Chris and my parents are getting the brunt of the wedding stress. As of Saturday, the wedding is only 7 or 8 months away (depending on how you count). Either way, the countdown is on! I've stopped visiting theknot.com because it likes to annoyingly point out to me how many things I have left to check off of their list (169). I have to visit it, though, because this is where the guest list is currently residing (and growing by the minute). To make me feel better and to keep you all filled in, here is what I have done so far:
  1. We have a date, a church and a reception site.
  2. We've met with the Priest and he's on board (even though we live together and Chris isn't Catholic).
  3. We went to pre-Cana (marriage prep) class and got the certificate. Actually, this was a really good experience for both of us. (I'll try to do a future blog on that later).
  4. I bought my dress and it is gorgeous.
  5. I'm pretty much 100% decided on the bridesmaid dresses and have changed the color scheme of the wedding from brown / green / pink to cranberry / green / pink.
  6. We hired a photographer who I absolutely adore and feel confident he will be able to capture not only the events of the day, but the emotion as well.

And that's pretty much it. Yes, I'm a little stressed, but am so looking forward to my marriage with Chris that I'm dealing with it. However, if I snap at any of you or randomly start crying while discussing the menu, you'll have to excuse me because I have 169 things to do and 242 days in which to do them.

1 comment:

Robert Hogan said...

If you are looking for a videographer, drop me a line.