Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Quirks

In response to Heather's blog challenge, behold my quirks. Both my Mom and Chris insist that I'm quirky, but I'm having a tough time coming up with a list of the little odd idiosyncrasies that would define my quirks. Actually, I suspect I don't have enough discipline to truly be quirky, but here goes:
  • I have a SWOP bag. These are Socks Without Partners. I imagine the socks hanging out in this bag and having potlucks, going to meetings and discussing the difficulty of being a lone sock in a paired up sock world. Every couple of months, I hold a major SWOP event where I match up the socks who have found their mates.
  • When walking to a destination, I like to cross the street so I am on the correct side of the street for the destination as soon as I leave my house even if I have another mile to go. Actually, I don't think this is a quirk, it just makes sense to me, but Chris seems to think it is strange.
  • I like to have the heat on and the ceiling fans going. I guess this isn't so much quirky as it is just bad for the environment.
  • In bed, I need to hold onto the covers and I always like to have something covering me even if it is really hot out.
  • The doors (or curtains as the case may currently be) to the closets must be closed when I go to sleep at night.

No comments: