Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Procrastination

I've always been really good (or really bad, depending on how you look at it) with procrastinating. I'm the one in college who would write the entire paper the night before (the time, when naturally, inspiration would strike). You would hate me, because I usually got a better grade even though you began your research the second week of class. I'm also the one who has been known to wait until the last moment for gift buying - on the way to the event, anyone? I always redeem myself here because I find the perfect card to go with the gift. It's a gift.

So, yes, procrastination is an old friend of mine. However, I'm embarrassed to say I still haven't filed my taxes. In spite of my procrastinating ways, I usually get the forms filed and in the mail by early February. There is the return check to think about after all. Sadly, this year the return check will come late because my W-2 was lost in the mess that is the second bedroom until last night when I valiantly found it amongst the half-way unpacked boxes. Now if I can just track down that calculator...

Oh, and if later this week you see some pictures on here from the freeze snap last week and Easter, that, too, is procrastination. If you don't, it's been taken off the to-do list and replaced by a more pressing matter - like filing the taxes.

No comments: