Friday, June 13, 2008

Freaky Friday

While I don't expect to be switching bodies with anyone (let alone my mother), a la a classic movie remade into a subpar movie, I am having my very own mini Friday the 13th meltdown. To begin with the day just wouldn't end. All afternoon, it felt like it was 3 p.m. for a good four hours and in the normal realm, that's just not possible. By the time 5 p.m. did roll around, I made it home just in time for a loud and angry summer storm (note to the dead tree in the front yard: please stay standing). Then I managed to get myself worked into tizzy about things I can't control. It started with one thing and I somehow managed to bring 50 other things into the mix, which were, of course, all conspiring to make my life a nightmare the likes of which Michael Myers couldn't produce. After a 20 minute nap and a beer, I'm coming out of the nightmare and hoping Friday the 13th passes with no further freakishness.

No comments: