Sunday, June 1, 2008

See it With a Pink Drink

Sipping a cosmo and waiting for my friends to meet me at the theater tonight, I was able to look over the balcony of the theatre and watch the long line of women ready to see Sex and the City. All the girls were dressed up, wearing cute shoes and standing in small groups of friends. A few brave men made the trip, but the audience was predominantly female.

I'll agree with the critics who said no new ground had been broken in the making of this movie. It really is a couple of long SATC episodes strung together. In spite of this, or maybe because of it, I loved the movie. Loved it. In some ways I feel like I grew up (at least through those formutive early twenties) with Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha and Carrie and it was so good to see them again. If you liked the series even a little bit - go see the movie. I guarantee you absofuckinglutley won't be disappointed.

No comments: