Monday, September 29, 2008

You Say Potato, I Say Stop Talking and Hand the Spud Over

I keep getting the question from people about what foods I am craving. People seem to want stories of me sending Chris out in the middle of the night for pickles and ice cream or other such nonsense. The truth is, nothing has been a craving that I MUST HAVE NOW. Sure, there have been foods, that I would like now, but nothing so serious that has Chris throwing on the iconic raincoat over his pjs and heading to the store (is it just me or were the 50s a strange and freaky time?).

All this being said, the food I end up eating the most often is the humble potato. I'm not too picky about preparation, but in the early weeks only mashed would do. Yesterday, I really wanted that weird hash brown thing with cornflakes on top and today my car somehow steered itself to Wendy's for a baked potato with sour cream (it's done this several times in the past few weeks).

According to the good folks in Idaho (actually, is there more than one person in Idaho?), my almost daily hankering for potatoes is really a good thing. Evidently I'm getting more potassium than from a banana (which is good because I just can't stomach those lately) and also a healthy dose of vitamin C.

Now if only they could make a potato ice cream, I would be one happy pregnant chick.

No comments: