Monday, November 12, 2007

The Nation's Capitol

Here I am, 12 days before my wedding. Rather than accomplishing the daunting to do list, I am in an overpriced hotel room in DC. Overpriced because this property is in serious need of renovation in spite of me paying $185 per night. DC because that is where the conference is I'm attending. In my hotel room because I don't feel like making an effort at the ice breaker - the conference isn't for me or my career so I just can't get too excited about it. So, here I am contemplating where to go eat alone (wish I still had that Eggplant book!) and wishing I were home because Chris and I are getting married in 12 days. 12 days....

I'm also feeling just a tad guilty because I'm in DC and I'm not seeing anything that makes DC amazing. And it's Veteran's Day and I'm not even going to get into a cab to see the Wall or the new WWII monument which Tom Hanks so eloquently campaigned for. I have to admit, I did have that Capra-esque sense of wonder as I came in from the airport. Passing the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial does inspire a sense of awe in me. But still, here I sit in my hotel room.

No comments: