Friday, January 11, 2008

Reframing

Another shift in thinking I am trying to make this year (and ongoing) is to reframe things in a more positive light. Recent examples include:
  • Rather than thinking I am sitting here bored out of my mind watching the touring production of Dancing with the Stars, I thought I am lucky to be here for free as all these other poor saps paid good money for this experience.
  • Instead of thinking, I need to get up at 5 frickin' a.m. to catch a plane to Seattle for a conference, I thought I get to take an expensable business trip to a cool city I have always wanted to visit.
  • While doubled over in pain from an apparent MSG attack, I thought at least the MSG came delivered in a tasty bowl of chowder from the famous Pike Place Market. I then cowered under the blankets of the Heavenly bed for the night hoping to be better by morning.

So, yeah, reframing is a work in progress, but I'm getting there.

No comments: