Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Standby for the After

Well, in true renovation fashion, I have no stunning picture to share of our bedroom redo. Why is it on Trading Spaces they have a gorgeous new room in one weekend and I have an upstairs in shambles on day 4? Chris and I have moved into the spare bedroom. This would be fine, because I actually love that room. It is decorated and peaceful and I have space to practice yoga. Or rather, I should say, it was decorated and peaceful and I used to have space to practice. Now is is full to the brim of clothes and superfluous furniture. It took me a good 15 minutes to uncover the bed for sleeping purposes. The hallway is in even worse condition. In order to get to the bathroom, one much shimmy past a mattress and box springs. And by shimmy, I mean barely squeeze through.

Chris and my environmental guilt won out: we will be refinishing the existing hardwood in the bedroom. They're pretty much covered in paint and have a few stains, but otherwise are in good shape. We're hoping to uncover some treasure this weekend. My boss has been telling me horror stories of the last (and only) time he refinished floors, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Oh, the joys of home ownership!

No comments: