Saturday, February 23, 2008

National Cat Brushing Day

Last night I declared to Prada that February 23 would henceforth be known as National Cat Brushing Day. Clearly, the ceremonies involved are brushing the cat and, maybe, some kitty treats. Prada hasn't been brushed regularly since our wedding three months ago. At that time, she was feeling some of the stress we were radiating, and in addition to the cat acne began losing patches of fur on her back from over grooming. I tried taking her to the vet when we got back from the honeymoon, but she scratched the heck out of my legs and since I was being careful not to get skin abrasions because of the MRSA, I let her win and no trip to the vet actually happened. Since then the cat acne has mostly cleared up and the fur has grown back on her rump. Now that we no longer have a bald cat, her regular sessions with the Furminator can begin again. Therefore, February 23 is now known as National Cat Brushing Day. Celebrate with your feline today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, The Furminator! Too funny! We have a hook thing that removes amazingly large piles of hair from our dogs. I will have to mark Feb 23rd on my calendar for next year :)