Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Pause

You might have had to have been a journalism major for this story to make you smile, but smile I did. I find it interesting the author of the article is remarking on the decreasing usage of the comma, because one professor of mine lamented that the rest of the class was using too many commas, while I, alas, was using too few. True, I was always much more fond of the mysterious and striking semi-colon rather than the plain-Jane, workhorse comma. I find, now, I actually use commas a bit more freely than I did in college. Writing for one's self (and you, too, dear reader) is much different than writing in strict AP style. Much more enjoyable also.

And if you think this whole posting is terribly geeky, don't even get me started on how excited I am for this weekend's book release. If you don't know what that is, please crawl out from the under the computer immediately.

No comments: