Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Independence Day

My office closed at noon today. Why is it that hours you suddenly don't have to be anywhere are more fun and precious than hours that are scheduled to be off? I love bonus days as I like to think of them. Days when you fully expect to be busy for a full eight hours, but are surprised with an e-mail saying the office is going to be closed at 12 p.m.

To fully take advantage of my windfall of time, I made a filling and healthy lunch of cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and chick peas. I headed to the pool to read and bask in the sun (plus do a few laps). And to really top off the afternoon, I went and got a much needed pedicure (my feet have been in sorry sorry shape). My little pedi place has recently gotten new massage chairs so I am currently in a state of sun and massage induced bliss. I feel like my back muscles are on their own little vacation.

Talk about a Independence Day.

No comments: