Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stuff I Didn't Know I Needed

I've been told there are not enough "nice things" are my wedding registry. I'm rather confused by this because when I first started my gift registry, I was afraid I was asking for too many nice of things. I feel like I am the lucky one to be getting married to a great guy, and as much as I would like the $350 Le Creuset round dutch oven, I don't expect anyone to buy it for me just because I am beginning a new chapter in my life. Is this wrong of me?

I also think, "nice things" is code for "what the hell are you thinking registering for all green cookware" and "why don't you register for something flowered". Not so much me, but in trying to appease all my new aunts, I have spent the last 30 minutes randomly adding items to my Macy's registry. If they won't be happy until they buy us ridiculously expensive crystal, then I have picked out some beauties (who knew Kate Spade is now designing home goods as well as purses). I also wasn't aware that Robert Mondavi is now "designing" wine glasses as well as crafting the wine to pour into them. Speaking of, I could use a glass now. I hope those glasses hurry up and get here.

No comments: