Monday, October 8, 2007

My Colors Could be Blush and Bashful

Who remembers the opening scenes of Steel Magnolias when Julia Roberts has a blood sugar problem and Sally Fields says "No wonder with all this running around and wedding nonsense" or something to that effect? Let me just say, it is a good thing I'm not diabetic, because I've been doing a lot of running around and wedding nonsense. This weekend we had the last of the showers, which was so lovely. It was hosted by my mom's friends who did a superb job of getting things together. Here's a wedding shower tip which they did and I adored: buy the bride her everyday glasses and use them as vases around the dining tables with unique flowers. The arrangements were great and I kept looking at the glasses saying, how cute, not totally realizing they were mine. Adorable!

Saturday night we gathered a group of girls and my brother to do a little bachelorette party. I've got to be honest here, I didn't really want one of these parties. My idea of perfect bachelorette party was gather a few girls, get pedicures and open several bottles of wine. That proved too difficult to pull off and didn't exactly appeal to everyone else. So my brother, who is my man of honor, hosted a great cocktail party then we hit a club. It was fun, and happily rather tame.

Best of all, the invitations are at the post office! We had a couple of late nights this past week getting those bad boys stuffed and Mom had to spend several hours doing them while we were at work, but they are finally done. I told Chris I felt like we were sending our happy good wishes out to people via the USPS and the cheery polka dots that grace the invitations.

No comments: