Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oprah Disclaimer

One benefit of getting DVR earlier this year is I now get to watch Oprah other than when I am home sick. Chris isn't a huge fan of hers, but say what you will, I like her and she has gotten plenty of people not only talking, but reading. On the backlog of my DVR, I finally got to watch her interview with Jeffrey Eugenides of Pulitzer Prize fame. Remember, what I had to say about Middlesex? Well, I think Oprah could have cut out a few commercials and gone into more depth in the interview.

I was a little dismayed upon the end of the show, to hear her new book club book is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I've been waiting to read this book, ever since I read this article and I only picked it up from the library last week (the waiting list was more than 100 people long - I should have known!). Even though I now sound like I am jumping on the bandwagon, I loved this book from the first sentence! Liz Gilbert has written lines in that book which I just want to savor (much like she did with the fantastic Neapolitan pizza). She had me at pasta and yoga, throw in soul-searching and a love story, and I could be the book's biggest fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, MIDDLESEX is one of my all time favorite books and I just bought EAT, PRAY,LOVE for the library and am looking forward to reading it. Aunt Barbara