Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Birthday Cupcakes

Today is Chris' birthday. I bought him cupcakes for breakfast (I haven't quite gotten around to baking this cake). I thought cupcakes for breakfast sounded like a great idea - fun, different and decadent - perfect for a birthday celebration. He thought cupcakes for breakfast sounded nutritionally lacking and would upset his stomach. Clearly, we have different takes on food. When we first started dating, we had a tough time working out each other's eating habits. I was always cooking too little, he was wanting to eat earlier than I was ready, he wanted meat while I was happy with pasta. It has somewhat worked itself out, but we still have these issues arise every once in awhile. Men and women just react differently food. It would probably be better if I took on more of his eating ideals, but I really can't imagine not having for cupcakes breakfast on special occasions.

No comments: