Saturday, September 22, 2007

Equinox

Without looking at the calendar and noticing September 23 was the Autumnal Equinox, I knew as soon as I woke up that it was close (and clearly it is about this time each year). Strange dreams of giant cucumbers and faceless people haunted my night. Chris said I kept up a steady stream of jabbering as I slept. Usually not a person who remembers dreams, I was surprised to wake up picturing these images. I am always a little out of sorts during this equinox. And if you look around you, you'll notice others are having a tough time too. People have seemed to have a short fuse all this week, and the squirrels around our house are scurrying every which way.

Although, the vernal equinox seems to get all the attention, I always seem to be much more effected by the fall edition of equal day and nights. Yesterday I was drawn to drag out a sketchbook and pastels, I've been feeling the need to bake and I simply want to be. I have heard the autumnal equinox is time for personal harvest, which I like the idea of, I just have trouble shaking the uneasiness that comes along with all this energy.

"We now enter the all-important time of inner growth. During summer, there was little time for the juices of contemplative creativity to bubble up from deep within us. Now is the time to prepare for this to occur most fruitfully. Only when we surrender to our inner nature can we begin to hear the still small voice within, and we must set our outer affairs in order now to be ready when it calls."

From The Essene Book of Days by Danaan Parry

No comments: