Saturday, September 29, 2007

Like Herding Cats

I've never been one of those people who love to run. Running, to me, is torture and more than a little boring. I like to take long walks, but for years I've struggled with taking that walk up to a jog, let alone a run. This morning, though, I ran more of a 5k than I ever have before. Earlier this month a group of friends and I did a 5k, which I finished - walking the whole time - in 49 minutes. Today, I jogged through a good part of the course and finished in 38 minutes. While it isn't a rock star time, I am proud of myself for doing it and shaving a whole ten minutes off my previous time.

Today's walk was the Cat Caper for a local cat welfare organization. We all joked we running for cats on welfare, but it was a really fun race with strangely enough a lot of dogs participating. We also got samples of cat food and kitty toys to bring home to Prada.

Keeping in the spirit of the race, like, Bob Barker, I'm reminding you all to spay and neuter your pets.

No comments: