Saturday, May 26, 2007

Day 1.75
Now might be a good time to relay my past painting experiences. In high school, I painted my bedroom (very) bright yellow. My mom and I couldn't get close to the ceiling so we went and bought a cheery wallpaper border. It was 1991 and this was acceptable. A few years later I painted a bedroom in an apartment. I picked baby blue. It was pretty, but the paint job was terrible. For the duration of living there, overnight guests would inevitably asked if I painted it all by myself. Yep, I did and it took an hour and 20 minutes. The apartment after that I had learned my lesson. No more painting, but I was craving color...my solution was to paint random squares and stripes across the living area of the place. The measuring wasn't so perfect so some of the squares were more oddly geometric rather than strictly square. I told people the stripes were meant to be organic and pushed a table in front of the more crooked sections. I loved this paint job, it was totally me and only took 30 minutes.

So this whole paint the kitchen, cabinets and trim has taken me by surprise. We've been working since yesterday after work and are not at all close to being finished. I'm still priming cabinet doors in the backyard while Chris has started on the trim. It's going to be a long night. There is talk (started by me) of hitting Vaquero's for dinner. I think we could both use a drink and some yummy Mexican food.

No comments: