Monday, May 21, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

I'm back from my second Vegas trip in less than two months. As I might have mentioned before, I'm not a huge fan of the place. It's not as if I am morally objecting to it, I'm fine with the Sin City aspect, it's more the whole city is an illusion which I worry many of the visitors take for the real thing. No need to experience St. Peter's Square, I took a gondola ride at the Venetian, thanks. The culture of New York City? Nah, I rode the roller coaster on top of NY NY. Maybe I'm being too rough on it, but I came back with a nasty sore throat and a case of jet lag.

In spite of my general unhappiness about Vegas, I did have a really good time. One super-cool thing we did was rent a car and go hiking at Red Rock Canyon. This was really fun. I spent lots of the time at the pool at the Mirage. It is a nice pool (the only thing missing is the ocean). We saw Penn & Teller, who were okay. Chris was more into the act than I was. I think he liked the geeky aspect of learning the magic trick trade secrets. I attended an actual Las Vegas wedding, sadly without an Elvis doing the wedding. I won $60 on roulette and had a couple of good streaks playing video poker. And, yes, Mimi it was hot! During the day, it was about 103.

Look for pictures on my MySpace page later this week...

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Glad you had fun! Way to go on winning 60$!!! Funny how I am leary of Ohio in July/August, yet 105 in Vegas sounds perfect to me!! I must be a humidity wuss!!!