Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I Carried a Watermelon

Ala You on a Diet I try to walk at least 30 minutes each day and I swear off fat free salad dressing. When I walk, sometimes I wear my iPod, and sometimes I don't. Today was an iPod day. Part of the walk I like to take winds down into a ravine-like area. There are many old crumbling steps leading up to stately homes. On non-iPod days, I imagine how those steps used to be used when the houses were new in the early 1900s. This always seems to center around debutante girls running off to be flappers (I secretly want to be a flapper). On iPod days though, I don't do so much imagining, I more get lost in the music. Today, all those steps, the trees in full bloom, and the upbeat tempo of the music reminded me of something...

Could it be I was transported to my very own Kellerman's? As a pre-teen in the late '80's, clearly my favorite movie was Dirty Dancing. Suddenly I found myself doing some type of cha-cha down the street to Jack Johnson's Bubble Toes. This wouldn't be so bad, but because the iPod was on, unbeknownst to me was a Suburban full of a little league baseball team. As the SUV passed, they all were looking at the strange lady. But, hey, nobody puts baby in a corner.

No comments: