Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Recipe - Gluten free quick enchilada bake

We are by no means gluten free at our house, but I do like to lay off the wheat for at least one meal per day.  Today that meal was dinner and it was delicious   I've been tweaking my enchilada recipe and I think I found a keeper.

Quick Enchilada Bake

1 cup cooked chopped chicken
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
9 small corn tortillas
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup taco sauce
shredded cheese (I used a pre-shredded Mexican blend)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine chicken, beans and salsa in a bowl.  In another shallow bowl mix together sour cream and taco sauce.  Brush or soak sour cream mixture over the tortillas one at a time.  Begin to layer the soaked tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese in baking dish ending with a layer of tortillas and cheese (I had about three layers).  Bake for 30 minutes or until everything is warmed through and the cheese is bubbly.  Serve with chopped avocado, sliced olives and jalapenos.

*I used grocery store rotisserie chicken in this leftover from the night before.  So two easy meals in one week!  

No comments: