Monday, November 5, 2012

To the Limit

From about the age of 22 to the age of 32, I could probably count on one hand the number of times
I went to a library.  Then after I had Milo heading to the library became a weekly event. At first we went for story times and met other babies and parents.  Milo soon tired of the organized events and for about a year we only go to the library to check out books and DVDs and play with the toys.  We still go at least once a week though.

Today at the library as we were checking out our stack of books the computer let me know we had reached our limit.  This means somewhere around my house I have 50 picture books.  Once we reached the limit we weren't able to check out any other materials.  Milo, amid a few tears, had to pick some books to return so he could check out the last few Thomas the Train easy readers he really wanted.

I started thinking this afternoon it would be great if other parts of my life offered a card with a limit. I started imagining all the places I would use the limit card - Milo not listening one too many times, me eating too much candy, Leo not sleeping.  The card would just magically fix the situation.  Then as I was writing this I realized there is no magic involved and it is up to me set and enforce all the limits.  Drats.  Guess I better check out more books on preschool behavior, healthy food and baby sleep patterns.

No comments: