Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What I've Been Reading




Since I've switched over to Goodreads, I have not updated here much about what I've been reading.  Basically it's been all over the place in terms of genres. I still read a lot of parenting books (not that they are helping).  My book club is in its third year and we've picked some interesting and really good books.  Most of my for enjoyment reads come from book club.  Then I read books that are just of interest to me or have sounded good.  Some books I read are books that I can quickly grab off of a shelf at the library as I am reminding my little people to use quiet voices and walking feet (got that from a parenting book).  

Right now though I have an eclectic collection of books I am working on. 
Mortality

I just finished Mortality by Christopher Hitchens.  It's about dying.  It's a good book, but it is not uplifting.  This is not Tuesdays with Morrie. 

After that I needed something a little lighter, but the only other thing I have checked out is 

Making Time: Lillian Moller Gilbreth -- A Life Beyond "Cheaper by the Dozen".  This seems to be a really interesting biography, but I actually just wanted more Cheaper by the Dozen because goodness did I love that book when I was growing up.  


Since I am training for the 5k, I also picked up To Be a Runner: How Racing Up Mountains, Running with the Bulls, or Just Taking On a 5-K Makes You a Better Person (and the World a Better Place).

No comments: