Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful List

Throughout November I've been working on mindfulness and gratitude.  I recall recent research that suggests the most happy people are also the most thankful.  In no particular order of importance, here is a list of some of the things for which I am thankful.

November Thankful List

  1. Sunny days for walking to get Milo from preschool
  2. Cuddle time in bed with a baby
  3. Family Saturday mornings with pumpkin pancakes
  4. Walks in the woods and throwing rocks into a river
  5. Baby giggles and little boy kisses
  6. Voting for the best ideas to lead our country forward
  7. Running under a pink sky
  8. My loving husband
  9. My parents
  10. The smell of coffee
  11. Sunday night dinners
  12. The imagination and innocence of a three-year-old
  13. My good health along with that of my husband and kiddos
  14. My brothers who love my kids
  15. The nice parks in our neighborhood
  16. The sleepy sounds of snoozing boys
  17. Alone time
  18. The relationship developing between Milo and Leo which I hope lasts a lifetime
  19. Friends who keep me sane
  20. Chris’ job which allows me to stay home and be a full time mom
  21. Dessert
  22. A wide abundance of healthy food to nurture the bodies of those I love
  23. Good books to transport me to other places and introduce new ideas
  24. A strong marriage
  25. The twinkle and shine of Christmas lights
  26. Flannel sheets and soft blankies
  27. Muffins
  28. The Internet for its ability to connect
  29. Flexibility in body and mind - the ability to change course when needed
  30. All of it - the good, even some of the bad, the mundane and spectacular

No comments: